A Steamy Summer: My Writing Roadmap Update (post by Anna)
Am I crazy for posting a writing itinerary for an entire year on my blog? I could be setting myself up for failure, but I prefer to view it as a motivational tool. Earlier this year, I did just that — I posted my writing roadmap for 2017, an ambitious list of tasks to complete. In April, 100 days in, I updated you on my progress. Now, six months into the year, I’ve got another update for you.
How am I doing? I feel great about my progress, but my goals have shifted a little. This is why I called it a roadmap, not a stone tablet brought down from the heavens. Here’s how my roadmap has shaped up so far.
Anna’s 2017 Writing Roadmap
- The Mortal Falls (Undercover Elementals, Book One). As I said in April, this book was released in March. Mission accomplished!
- Fired Up. This triple award-winner is available for preorder now, scheduled for release July 28. Woo-hoo! It’s the novel-length story of Mel and Adam from the short story Tempted by a Kiss.
- Wicked in a Kilt (Hot Scots, Book Two). This one’s also available for preorder right now. I had so much fun writing this book and I know you’ll love meeting Aidan MacTaggart. The book releases September 29. Yay!
- The Mortal Fires (Undercover Elementals, Book Two). It’s already up for preorder on most major retail sites, including Barnes & Noble and Apple iBooks. Next month, it’ll go up on Amazon. This wasn’t on my original list, but after the release of The Mortal Falls, I couldn’t wait to take Lindsey and Nevan on their next sizzling, exciting adventure!
- The Outlands Shifter. Getting back to work on this story, which emerged from a contest in my newsletter. I asked my fans to cobble together various story elements to create a unique and strange concept. You can read my synopsis inspired by the story seed in this post.
- Highland time travel romance. Tentatively titled The Highlander’s Witch, I’ve put this one on hold until The Outlands Shifter is finished. The writing of this book may get bumped to next year, but you never can tell. I might get revved up and get it done this year.
- Untitled Reborn-inspired paranormal romance. Still an idea in development, never intended to have it finished this year. I am on track with formulating the story. Genetic manipulation, magic, disembodied souls, and — of course — plenty of steamy romance!
- Hot Scots, Book Three. I’m tentatively calling it Scandalous in a Kilt. The book features Rory MacTaggart, older brother of Aidan from Wicked and younger brother of Lachlan from Dangerous. This book will be written and released next year. Absolutely, positively!
Which of the last four projects would you like me to focus on? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Please share them in a comment.