My Writing Roadmap Update: First 100 Days (post by Anna)
Back in January, I revealed my roadmap for writing this year, a kind of plot outline for my year. I listed seven projects and what progress I intend to make on each this year. We hear a lot about the first 100 days for a U.S. president, so I’ve decided to update my progress 100 days in. How am I doing? See for yourself!
Anna’s 2017 Writing Roadmap
- The Mortal Falls (Undercover Elementals, Book One). I shot for a March release and — ta-dah! — the book hit stores on March 24, becoming a bestseller on its first day. Reviews from readers and reviewers alike have been overwhelmingly positive, so I’d rate this roadmap waypoint as a success. Yay!
- Fired Up. Since I formulated my roadmap, this book (already a winner of three awards) became a semifinalist in the Sexy Scribbles contest. It’s finished and waiting for news on when it will be released. This is the novel-length story of Mel and Adam from Tempted by a Kiss.
- Wicked in a Kilt (Hot Scots, Book Two). I’m well on the way to finishing this book in the next few months, posting occasional updates on my progress on Twitter.
- The Outlands Shifter. This one will most likely wait until I finish two other books, Wicked in a Kilt and The Mortal Fires, but I still aim to finish it this year.
- Untitled Highland time travel romance. Research is going well and I plan to begin writing once I finish a few other projects. It’s now tentatively titled The Highlander’s Witch.
- Untitled Reborn-inspired paranormal romance. I now have a good idea of what I want the plot to be and who the characters are, so progress is on track.
- Hot Scots, Book Three. I listed this one as a planning-phase project this year and I’m developing the characters, which for me, always comes before the story. Rory MacTaggart is a lawyer who wears glasses and isn’t as gregarious as his brothers, but he’s just as hot!
I also need to add two more projects to this list. Somehow, I forgot to include Kinetic (Psychic Crossroads, Book Three) when I compiled my list, though I’d already started writing the book. Duh! And now I have to add The Mortal Fires, which I hadn’t intended to write this year — but after seeing the amazing reception the first book has received, I couldn’t wait to start writing the second book in the Undercover Elementals series. I’m posting occasional updates on this one on Twitter.
How’s my roadmap coming along? Pretty well, I think. I came up with an ambitious list and I’ve made good progress toward accomplishing my goals. What do you think?