Yay! New Projects for 2017
In the past, I haven’t planned out what writing projects I wanted to complete during the year, much less what I wanted to do with them. For 2017, I’ve laid out a kind of roadmap for my year, writing-wise. Included are books I want to polish up for publication, books I want to finish writing, books I’d like to start writing, and ideas I’d like to flesh out as preparation for writing them in the future.
Today, I’m sharing with you my roadmap for 2017. I’m excited about each and every one of these projects and I hope you will be too! Plans can change, of course, but this is my starting point for this year’s writing journey.
Want to keep up-to-date on my writing endeavors? Sign up for my newsletter today.
Drum roll, please…
Anna’s 2017 Writing Roadmap
- The Mortal Falls (Undercover Elementals, Book One). Yes, I’ve been working on this book for over two years—because I kept putting it aside to finish other projects, like Dangerous in a Kilt. This year, I’m shooting for a March release for this award-winning paranormal romance.
- Fired Up. I stopped work on everything last year when my dad died, and when I started writing again, I focused on finishing Dangerous in a Kilt. This book, an award-winning erotic romance based on my short story Tempted by a Kiss, was a casualty of that time but it’s a top priority this year.
- Wicked in a Kilt (Hot Scots, Book Two). By the time Dangerous in a Kilt was ready to fly on its own, before its release day had arrived yet, I began writing the second book in the series. This year, I intend to see this book released. I’m loving writing Aidan MacTaggart, brother of Lachlan (the hero from Dangerous in a Kilt), because he truly is wickedly seductive—but a sweetie at heart.
- The Outlands Shifter. This unusual and fun story came out of a contest I ran in my newsletter, in which I invited my fans to combine a series of story elements into a unique prompt. I wrote the first two chapters last year, and in 2017 I want to finish writing this paranormal time travel romance.
- Untitled Highland time travel romance. This one has no title yet, but the story is well fleshed out in my mind. I want to finish up my research and begin writing the book this year.
- Untitled Reborn-inspired paranormal romance. If you’re familiar with my work, then you know what I mean by “Reborn-inspired.” After wrapping up my Reborn series of novellas, I immediately got an idea for a full-length novel inspired by that series. I’ve already done the research, thanks to my decades-long obsession with ancient Egypt, but I need to build a plot skeleton before I get started writing it.
- Hot Scots, Book Three. Another as-yet-untitled project. I know this book will focus on Rory, brother of Lachlan and Aidan, but this year I plan to work on developing the basic storyline.